- University of Southern California’s Annenberg School for Communication and Marshall School of Business (USC). BA in Print Journalism, BA in History, Minor in Business, 2006-Present.
- Pe Ell High School Valedictorian, 2006
- University of Iowa’s Young Writers Studio, Summer 2005
- Summer 2009: Los Angeles Conservancy Advocacy Intern, Los Angeles, CA
Preserve historical buildings/communities in LA, research historical sites, prepare research documents maintain member database, create informative material, aid in developing Latino/a community outreach programs, assist in children’s outreach program at H.O.L.A., develop and assist oral/multimedia history project, aid in website development, answer phones, help run events. Projects included Boyle Heights, Century Plaza, The Million Dollar Theater and the Historic Preservation Ordinance revisions
- Fall 2008-Present:Reader for USC ReadersPlus, Los Angeles, CA
Tutor grades K-5 in reading and writing, assist with homework and projects, run the after school program with a team of Readers and create lesson plans.
- Fall 2008-Present: Public Relations Officer for the USC Hapa Student Community, Los Angeles, CA
Act as a liaison between our organization and the university as well as our umbrella organizations. Plan, coordinate and publicize events and issues that relate to the multiracial student community.
- Summer 2008:Volunteer at Los Angeles Conservancy, Los Angeles
Researched information on historic sites for publication in a newspaper.
- Summer 2007:Our Hometowns Editorial Coordinator for Centralia Chronicle, Centralia, WA
Coordinated and wrote third volume of Our Hometowns photo collection. Utilized skills in customer service, marketing, public relations, advertising, writing and reporting.
- Fall 2006-Fall 2008: General Assignments and Profiles Beat Writer for the City and Lifestyle Sections of the USC Daily Trojan. Los Angeles, CA
Covered a wide range of assignments in entertainment, health, arts, science and music and wrote hard news, feature articles and profiles.
- Fall 2004-Spring 2006: Pe Ell Sun School News Reporter, Pe Ell, WA
Wrote my own column, Trojan Talk. Column informed the public about all school news and was a regular feature.
- Fall 2003:Video Productions at Pe Ell High School, Pe Ell, WA
Produced, edited and anchored the televised school news.
- Fall 2002-Spring 2006: Class and Associated Student Body (ASB) Officer
Held offices of class secretary, ASB representative, ASB secretary, class vice president and class president. Took detailed notes, coordinated events, lead groups, petitioned for levies, amended the school constitution and planned and ran public relations and advertising campaigns for fund-raisers.
- Second Place Diversity Story of the Year, Associated Collegiate Press, 2008
- Winner of the Daily Trojan Lifestyle Quill Award, 2008
- USC ReadersPlus Outstanding Reader, 2008
- USC Dean’s List 2006, 2007, 2008
- Daily Trojan City Section’s Staff of the Week, 2006
- Daughters of the American Revolution Good Citizens Essay Winner, 2006
AAUW Woman of Math and Science, 2006
- Deadline oriented
- Intermediate oral and reading proficiency in Spanish
- Public relations
- Writing and reporting (print, online & broadcast)
- 3.476 combined GPA at USC
- Interviewing & Research
- Highly computer literate (some HTML coding)